- at least a half day of sun
- avoid roots of trees/large shrubs
- avoid rocky soils
- avoid soils that drain poorly
- plant 900mm apart for massed effect
- avoid recently removed rose beds unless soil is changed
- add well-rotted compost to soil
WATERING – remember to mulch!
- deep and regular
- avoid overhead watering if possible, but if unavoidable water early in the morning so that foliage can dry
FEEDING – always water in well!
- feed in August using a balanced (NPK) fertiliser
- an optional half-strength feed in December
- feed in late February
PRUNING – as simple as you make it!
- remove spent blooms
- winter prune – use secateurs, shears or brush cutter – simply take one third to a half off height, tidy to your desired shape – can be ‘thinned out’ if needed